Building on FreeBSD fails

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Jun 10 10:32:28 CEST 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> >Just use it.
> >bogofilter should be fine with BerkeleyDB 3.2 and newer.
>
> Just fine or would there be an advantage of a newer version?

For the traditional bogofilter code (without the concurrent store stuff
and all that), 3.3 is better (and is probably what you get installing
db3).

For the transactional version, 4.1 or 4.2 are recommended because they
support page checksumming to detect corruption and for more reliable
recovery. These are in ports/databases/db41 or ports/databases/db42. The
bogofilter port will depend on db42 by default.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95