Compile error V0.91.1: gsl_sf_exp_e redefined

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Jun 9 16:16:32 CEST 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:55:08 +0200 (CEST)
Uwe Richter wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> while making bogofilter-0.91.1 with successfully built
> db-4.2.52 under Tru64-UNIX with it's native (non GNU) cc I get a
>
> cc: Error: ../gsl/specfunc/exp.c, line 108: This declaration contains
> a redefinition of "gsl_sf_exp_e".  The previous declaration is at line
>
> number 45 in file ../gsl/gsl_sf_exp.h. (redef)
> int gsl_sf_exp_e(const double x, gsl_sf_result * result)
> ----^
>
> Configure did
> checking for gsl-config... no
> checking for GSL - version >= 1.4... no
> checking for gsl-config... (cached) no
> checking for GSL - version >= 1.0... no
>
> so i think the "internal GSL functions" are used.
>
> Any hints to dig further?
>
> Best regards
> Uwe

Hi Uwe,

I'm not familiar with the Tru64-UNIX environment, but I'll see if I can
help.

Have you built bogofilter with Tru64-UNIX before?  What version of
bogofilter?

You are correct that the internal GSL code is being used.  The cc
error's filenames confirm that.

It sounds like a typedef or #define symbol may be changing after exp.h
is read (and the function prototype is given) and before exp.c is
compiled (where the function declaration appears). Have you tried
generating preprocessor output to see what the expanded prototype and
declaration _really_ are?