many users

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Mon Jun 7 15:43:59 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 08:44:03AM -0400, tallison at tacocat.net wrote:

> But the other question the comes up is: how do you execute bogofilter
> for 10 virtual users if none of them have a $HOME directory (because
> they have no /etc/passwd entry) and no ~/.procmailrc file?

I'm not sure what mail server you're using but with qmail-ldap (like I
posted before) the virtual users are just like normal users with the
typical .qmail files and ./Maildir/ (./Maildir/.spam, etc) maildirs in
there.  The only difference is that a user can't easily change the files
as they can't log in.

A follow up to my previous post about use of "-d" : I'm using it as
these are virtual users without home directories, in fact BOGOFILTER_DIR
is set to the vmail user that "holds" all the virtual account.  So
that's why I have
  | condtomaildir ./Maildir/.spam/ /usr/bin/bogofilter -d \
    /var/qmail/maildirs/OU/UID/.bogofilter
Which says "if anything registers as spam, put it in my spam folder"

If you want, post what mail server you're running -- I'm sure someone on
this list is running it as well.

Chris