Fwd: Bogofilter mailing list probe message

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jul 19 01:03:19 CEST 2004

Hi Brenda,

osagesoftware.com has been my primary domain for the past 5 years or so.
It was assigned address block 216.144.204.40/29 when moved to my current
DSL provider.  Until taking on bogofilter.org, I only used 1 address
(216.144.204.42) which responds to a variety of names, like
www.osagesoftware.com, dns..., mail..., etc.  Back in March, I assigned
216.144.204.43 to bogofilter.org's web pages and mailing lists.

The complaint indicates that my Postfix configuration doesn't like the
configuration at your end.

>			The Postfix program
>
> <brenda at wallace.net.nz>: Host or domain name not found. Name service
> error for
>    name=wallace.net.nz type=A: Host found but no data record of
>    requested type

You can get some additional information using zmailer.org's page for
verifying email address, i.e. http://www.zmailer.org/mxverify.html.

As I'm a programmer and (of necessity) a rookie sys admin, I can't say
for sure whether the problem is at your end or mine.  It might well be
worth your while to check with your ISP, though odds are they'll say
"not us; it's the other guy (postfix @ bogofilter.org)".  If anyone can
shed light of this it would be helpful :-)

Regards,