How to deal with extremely high spam levels

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Sun Jul 11 21:07:14 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 14:52, Bob Vincent wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 10:30:10AM -0400, Tom Anderson wrote:
> > Even when automated, that sounds like a complex process.  Do you think
> > regular users will be able to do this?
>
> At 4000 spams per day, I'm hardly a "regular user."

Nonetheless, in a few months to a year, "regular users" may be receiving
nearly this level of spams.  My rate has been increasing exponentially.
It'd be nice to have a system in place that can handle any level of
spams for any user.  That's why I'd like to see some sort of
normalization within bogofilter so that an imbalance of this sort does
not cause catastrophic problems.

Tom