Problem after upgrade

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Jul 10 22:48:29 CEST 2004

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004, Markus T. wrote:

> Am Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:08:33 -0400 schrieb David Relson:

> > bogoutil -d goodlist.db > goodlist.txt
> > bogoutil -d spamlist.db > spamlist.txt
>
> the last command gives me this error message:
> bogoutil: (db) DB->open(./spamlist.db) - actually ./spamlist.db
> bogohome: . -, err: 22, Invalid argument
> Can't open file 'spamlist.db'

Markus,

this looks like your new bogofilter might be using a different data base
version than the old one. How exactly did you do the upgrade?

What do these commands print:

ldd `which bogofilter`
file ./spamlist.db
file ./goodlist.db

Can you reinstall the older version (with RPM, pass --oldpackage) and
use the older bogoutil -d on your files? If so, save the output of
bogoutil -d, we'll then see how we load that into your new bogofilter
version.

HTH,

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)