Problem after upgrade

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Jul 10 00:54:27 CEST 2004

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:06:41 +0200
Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:

> Am Fr, den 09.07.2004 schrieb David Relson um 22:08:
> > You should be able to use "bogoutil -d spamlist.db > spamlist.txt"
> > to save the contents of the spamlist.  If I remember correctly,
> > bogoupgrade is comparable to the following commands:
> >
> > rm -f wordlist.db
> > bogoutil -d goodlist.db > goodlist.txt
> > bogoutil -d spamlist.db > spamlist.txt
> Hi David,
>
> the last command gives me this error message:
> bogoutil: (db) DB->open(./spamlist.db) - actually ./spamlist.db
> bogohome: . -, err: 22, Invalid argument
> Can't open file 'spamlist.db'
>
> Regards, Markus

Markus,

Looks like spamlist.db is b0rked.  Likely it's been bad for a while and
you just didn't know it.  Now you've got to go back to basics :-(

All the way back would be to use whatever ham and spam you have and
create a brand new wordlist.

You might be able to go "halfway", i.e. use the tokens from goodlist.db
and register whatever spam you have available.  The two "goodlist"
commands, i.e. "bogoutil -d" and "cat | awk | bogoutil -l", will all you
to preserve your existing goodlist.  For spam, you'll have to register
whatever you've got.

You can protect against similar problems in the future by running
"bogoutil -d" (from a daily cron job) to have a backup.  Longer term,
we'll have Matthias' transaction code for BerkeleyDB which will give us
protection against database corruption.

Good luck!

David

P.S.  The proper address for the list is bogofilter at bogofilter.org :-)