Problem after upgrade

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jul 9 22:08:33 CEST 2004

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:15:15 +0200
Markus T. wrote:

> Yesterday I upgraded from version 0.17.5 to 0.91.1 .
> Unfortunately, it looks like my spam database file got
> corrupted during the process (using bogoupgrade).
>
> When I run the following command:
> db4.1_verify spamlist.db
>
> I get this error message:
> db_verify: spamlist.db: file size not a multiple of the pagesize
> db_verify: DB->open: spamlist.db: Invalid argument
>
> Is it possible to recover my spamlist?
> Thanks in advance, Markus

Hi Markus,

Ouch!  I hate upgrade and database problems!  Running bogoupgrade reads
goodlist.db and spamlist.db and writes wordlist.db.  It doesn't change
either of the input databases.

You should be able to use "bogoutil -d spamlist.db > spamlist.txt" to
save the contents of the spamlist.  If I remember correctly, bogoupgrade
is comparable to the following commands:

rm -f wordlist.db
bogoutil -d goodlist.db > goodlist.txt
bogoutil -d spamlist.db > spamlist.txt
cat spamlist.txt | awk '{print $1 " " $2 " " | bogoutil -l wordlist.db
cat goodlist.txt | awk '{print $1 " 0 " $2" | bogoutil -l wordlist.db

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,