StudlyCaps

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Thu Jul 8 13:26:40 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 21:26, Clint Adams wrote:
> I've been hearing complaints that spam using the following technique is
> evading bogofilter.
>
> ThisSiteOffersYouRealHardcoreGAYsex.
>
> I haven't gotten any of these myself, but I've just now received one in
> a bounce message.  Some of these word strings exceed MAXTOKENLEN, and
> some don't.

Sounds like a problem.  Like spams that contain all nonsense words and
one big image, bogofilter is going to have to depend largely on the
headers to filter these.  It's still hit or miss with those sometimes
though.  At least these new ones have a well-defined structure, unlike
random nonsense, thus there will be at least some recurring tokens.
Bogofilter may just handle these after a few registrations.

Tom