Ne:new feature philosophy [was: Templates]

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Jul 4 11:50:30 CEST 2004

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004, Gyepi SAM wrote:

> >  The only
> > deficiency that I see with respect to other spam filters is 1)
> > daemon-capability in order to run more easily "site wide"
>
> One more feature to add... ;) I am personally interested in designing and
> implementing this feature. ESR introduced the first try in an attempt to get
> around the slowness of using a text based data-store and the Judy hash
> library. When we switched to BDB and wordhash, the need went away.
> Nonetheless, it is a useful feature, but not high priority for me at the moment.

And can probably be achieved by BerkeleyDB's RPC interface in little
time. We'd need a datastore_db-rpc and that's probably it. The server
can be built as part of the Berkeley DB library, although it will
require a recompile of the latter on some systems.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)