virus blow-back ugliness

Bill McClain wmcclain at salamander.com
Thu Jan 29 15:54:32 CET 2004

I've noticed something this week caused by anti-virus return messages.
Some sites return the whole base64-encoded package, not as an
attachement, but as inline text. Bogofilter sees this and scores many
long base64 strings because of frequent "/" characters which must serve
as lexer delimiters.

I've been registering all my spam to date, but I think I will throw
these away because they inflate the database to no good purpose.

I don't propose any change to bogofilter; these messages could be
handled by other means, but just wanted to comment on what I am seeing.
Bogofilter catches them all because of other spam tokens and because
new words are spammy with my settings amyway.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Tales of War
http://sattre-press.com/                       by Lord Dunsany