bogus bogotuning

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Thu Jan 29 08:48:40 CET 2004

Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> wrote:

>At one point there was actually an
>option to do just what you wanted, but we took it out again because it
>wasn't found helpful.  Now you come along and ask for it, we try
>(persistently) to explain why it's a bad idea,

I asked many times (and never got an answer) why it would be
bad for train-on-error. There the database will be
significantly below the limit, even if you have tens of
thousands messages to test with.

BTW: There was this call for message bases to review
bogofilter's defaults. What was the result? I have never
seen it. I also have never got an answer how that process
went with my train-to-exhaustion database (only a
preliminary test).

pi