-v anomaly?

Greg McCann greg at cambria.com
Thu Jan 29 01:54:10 CET 2004

I may be overlooking something painfully obvious here, but this has been bugging me:

The -v option is supposed to work like this...

-v    "X-Bogosity:" header only
-vv   histogram
-vvv  detailed list of all tokens with scores

However, I routinely analyze mail with...

bogofilter -p -vv < badspam.txt | less

and it generates a detailed list of tokens following the email header (which is what I want) rather than the histogram I would expect from -vv.

Also, -p -v generates a histogram, where I would expect an "X-Bogosity:" header only.

If I just use -vv rather than -p -vv, it generates the histogram as expected.

It seems that -p is unexpectedly implying an extra "v".  Is this an anomaly or is it by design?  Perhaps it was never anticipated that -p and -v would be used together.

bogofilter version 0.15.4

Thanks,

Greg McCann