bogus bogotuning

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Wed Jan 28 22:22:23 CET 2004

Jason A. Smith wrote:

> I know what open-source is about.  Are you being condescending now?

[snip]

> There is no point in submitting a patch if it will be rejected, right?

I'm not sure whether you really understood it. You expect others to
spend their time implementing something that you want to use but nobody
else needs. It does not work this way.

I for myself wrote some patches to Bogofilter. Some have been included
into the mainstream code and some have not. I have a patch here, so
that each time a new version is released I have to apply my changes.
I'd be happy if my patch made it into mainstream, but it's not that
much of a trouble either.

So, where exactly is your excuse that you don't try it?

--
Stefan Bellon