[glouis at dynamicro.on.ca: Re: Dealing with wordlist mails]

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed Jan 28 21:17:39 CET 2004

----- Forwarded message from Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> -----

On 20040128 (Wed) at 1941:18 -0000, Peter Bishop wrote:

> > Anyone who uses -u should already be aware that not doing corrections
> > will tend to screw up their database.  This is true for any min_dev less
> > than like 0.9.  But in that case, what's the point of using -u?  Using
> > bogofilter is not an automatic process.  No matter what, you have to do
> > corrections, but especially if using -u.
>
> I agree

Except a min_dev of 0.5 or greater is singularly useless, given that
the score _can't_ be farther than 0.5 from 0.5 ;-)

> In fact, I don't think that the default setting in the procmailrc
> example should have -u.
>
> I think the recommendation should be
> - initial bulk training with a corpus
> - followed by **manual** "train on error"

Apologies for the me-too posting, but I can't resist agreeing publicly
and wholeheartedly with this suggestion.

----- End forwarded message -----

Replied to the author instead of to the list, sorry ;)

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |