bogus bogotuning

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Wed Jan 28 21:12:19 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:05:37PM -0500, Jason A. Smith wrote:
> I suggest you re-read Joerg's email again to re-familiarize yourself
> with the basic philosophy held by almost everyone in the open-source and
> Linux communities, which is FREEDOM!  Why do you stubbornly insist on
> imprisoning users in walls like most MS software does?  You imply that
> you normally agree with this philosophy, but your actions show that
> obviously you don't!

Open source licenses allow you to modify, improve, experiment and learn from the code.

It does not prevent anyone from writing code the way they see fit and it is not
a cudgel with which to beat others into writing code the you want.

We certainly welcome discussion about any part of bogofilter, but people are
more likely to pay attention to your requests when they are polite.

If you believe that bogotune could use improvement, by all means improve it and if
you think that your changes might be useful to others, feel free to contribute
them to the project.

-Gyepi