bogus bogotuning

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed Jan 28 15:11:25 CET 2004

On 20040128 (Wed) at 0837:40 -0500, Greg Louis wrote:

> > I have already had to tweak the default parameters in order to achieve
> > better results, but I am only able to guess at numbers since you won't
> > allow me to run bogotune to even just experiment a little.
>
> Your guess is likely to be _better_ than bogotune's.

In fact, in the early days, I developed a way to do manual tuning.
It's written up in bogofilter-tuning.HOWTO, which is still in the
0.16.4 distribution's doc directory.  Even there I make the point that
you need a statistically valid number of messages in your corpus for
really worthwhile results, but at least the process explained there
might do better than bogotune with small numbers.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |