bogus bogotuning, was: What is a spamicity of exactly 0.5?

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Tue Jan 27 23:23:35 CET 2004

On 20040127 (Tue) at 1545:44 -0500, Jason A. Smith wrote:
> I'm not asking for the minimum limits to be changed or removed, I'm
> simply asking for an option to be added to bogotune to disable the
> enforced minimums.  The default would be to still use the minimum
> message counts.  I don't see why this is such a big deal.

If that option is there, it will be used.  If it is used, laymen will
get useless suggestions from bogotune and will get lousy results with
bogofilter.  Should we clutter the code with bad options and then say,
"actually this is a bad thing, don't use it"?  Isn't it better to let
those who want to play do their own coding and keep the distributed
version clean?

I really don't see it as onerous to keep a personal patch and patch
bogofilter every time I install a new release.  Been doing it for over
a year now, in fact.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |