bogoutil output

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 26 13:55:04 CET 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:40:28 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
>
> > Bogoutil doesn't read the config file.  "bogoutil -p" gives the
> > probabilities using the default parameters.
>
> I know all that, this is why I suggest the change.
>
> > If you need the real
> > probabilities, use bogofilter, as in "echo first_word second third |
> > bogofilter -vvv".  That will list the information you want (and then
> > some).
>
> Well, it does not give the counts. But if this is considered
> enough, we could well delete the -p option in bogoutil in
> our cleanup.

-p is useful for finding a token's score.  The fact that it uses the
default robs and robx values does, indeed, affect the score.  Remember
that the robs and robx parameters are used for biasing the score of
unknown (or infrequently trained) tokens to improve the overall score of
a message.  Also as a token's counts increase, the effect of robs and
robx lessens.

> > P.S.  Bogoutil already uses "-c" to enable maintenance mode (and
> > discarding tokens with low spam and ham counts).
>
> Well, any other name would do.

FYI, here are the three maintenance options:

	-a age	- Exclude tokens with older ages.
	-c cnt	- Exclude tokens with lower counts.
	-s l,h	- Exclude tokens with lengths between 'l' and 'h'
                  (low and high).

They're usable while dumping or loading a wordlist or while doing
in-place maintenance.