16.2 not as effective

Andrew Norman andy at norman.cx
Sun Jan 25 19:17:55 CET 2004

> Has anyone noticed that bogofilter 16.2 is just not as effective against

<snip>

> Any idea why this would be happening?  I am tempted to go and revert to
> previous versions to figure out exactly where the change occured, but I
> figured I'd ask first to see if anyone knew what was going on.

Have you considered the possibilty that it is not bf that has changed but
the spam itself ?

I am still using bf build 0.13.6.2 and all of a sudden, 10 days or so ago,
I started getting far more spam not filtered. I went from one or two spam
messages incorrectly classified as ham a day to 20 or 30. Most of these
spams appear to be being generated by the same bit of software (the
resulting gibberish in the body and the format of the names it uses are
fairly obvious).

Time for me to upgrade to the latest version of bf to see if that catches
them.