Cannot build 0.16.4

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 23 14:49:03 CET 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:40:24 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> Clint Adams wrote:
>
> >> Unknown data base type in bogofilter -V: bogofilter version
> >> 0.16.4
> >
> > What does bogofilter -V actually say?  Looks like you've either got
> > an extra line at the top or sed is behaving oddly.
>
> $ src/bogofilter -V
> Error - bad parameter 'algorithm'
> bogofilter version 0.16.4
>     Database: BerkeleyDB (3.3.11)
> Copyright (C) 2002 Eric S. Raymond

"algorithm" has been deprecated.  All references to it should have been
deleted in the first 0.16 release, but I overlooked it.

The warning message is confusing the test framework.  Remove the line
from the config file and all should be fine.

> bogofilter comes with [...]
>
> Hm, that was left over in my .bogofilter.cf (don't know why
> and why this was not a problem in .3). When I change that,
> it works. But why is my personal config file read at this
> time anyway?

Sounds like "-V" is being processed after the config file is read.  That
doesn't seem necessary.  I'll check the code to see if it can be
changed.

Clint - good call in asking for the complete "-V" output.  Thanks.