cgi script doesn't import bogofilter output

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 23 11:15:43 CET 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Chris Fortune wrote:

> This is probably a *nix permissions question, but maybe not, since bogofilter is the only program that gives me this problem.  I
> have a perl script that calls bogofilter in this way:
>
>         $res = `bogofilter -T < $filename`;
>         $exitcode = $? >> 8;
>
> It works well from the command line, spitting out the expected Terse output (eg: "H 0.00804545"), and exitcode 0 or 1.  But, when I
> run it from the web (a cgi demo for my partner), $res is empty and exitcode is always 139.

139 is usually SIGSEGV + 128, +128 indicates a core dump has been
written. Please find the core file and obtain a stack backtrace (find
/server/root -name '*core*'), the - otherwise unrelated - leafnode FAQ
tells you how to do this, http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/FAQ.html
- see "Obtaining a stack backtrace/From a core file".