16.2 not as effective

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Tue Jan 20 18:30:30 CET 2004

On 20 Jan 2004 at 16:53, Geoff wrote:

> One reason for my "Ignore
> Case" post a couple of days ago was the suspicion that the
> loss of this option (which I have always used), was the
> problem - but I don't know whether it would affect the
> position so radically because I am unsure if it will
> immediately impact upon my existing wordlist.db?

It does make a big difference.
I tried moving to case sensitive mode,
but the wordlist database was still case  insensitive
(as I could not rebuild from scratch)

The performance went down a lot after I switched - as the mixed case
tokens no longer matched the case insensitve tokens in the database.

Performance should in principle recover once you have enough
mixed case tokens in the database, but I gave up trying
after a few weeks and went back to case-insenstive mode.

I now have wordlists with redundant mixed case tokens.
but no matter, this mode works OK for me.
--
Peter Bishop
pgb at adelard.com
pgb at csr.city.ac.uk