16.2 not as effective

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 17:53:57 CET 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:24:52 -0800
Dan Singletary <dvsing at sonicspike.net> wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that bogofilter 16.2 is just not as
> effective against  catching spam as previous versions?

<snip>

> Any idea why this would be happening?

I have had the same impression.  I am fortunate in having a
fairly low volume of spam by comparison with many
power-users here, but on an average morning I was finding
about 10 - 20 spam received overnight and correctly
classified, together with 2 or 3 spams that had slipped
through the net. Directly after the change from 15.13.2 to
16.3 the proportion was reversed. One reason for my "Ignore
Case" post a couple of days ago was the suspicion that the
loss of this option (which I have always used), was the
problem - but I don't know whether it would affect the
position so radically because I am unsure if it will
immediately impact upon my existing wordlist.db?  I have the
impression that it did - but I have been wrong around here
so often that I hesistate to say it.

I am also seeing a lot more plain text (little or no html)
spam at the moment, which is getting through, but I don't
suppost that has anything to do with 16.3.

Geoff