Error when database too big.

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Jan 20 13:32:18 CET 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:03:43 +0100
Micha_ Wieja <mwieja at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting strange error message when my wordlist database grows over
> 50Mb.
>
> "... bogofilter: error: the data base file size is only 16 pages below
> the resource limit. Cowardly refusing to continue to avoid data base
> corruption ..."
>
> this happends only with procmail rule:
>
> :0fw
> |bogofilter -uep
>
> When I use bogofilter by hand it does what it should do.
>
> Anyone have seen this before ?
>
> My bogofilter version is: 0.15.13.1
> procmail: 3.22
> postfix: 2.0.16
>
> thanks,
> Mike

Mike,

Postfix has a mailbox_size_limit that affects all programs run under it.
 If bogofilter's database ever reaches that limit, it gets b0rked by
BerkeleyDB.

The current bogofilter-faq, available on SourceForge or at
http://www.osagesoftware.com/bogofilter-faq.html, has a section on
b0rked databases.  In it, postconf and mailbox_size_limit are discussed.