Compile problem - libdb

Henri van Riel bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 19 20:52:29 CET 2004

Hello Matthias,

MA> Henri van Riel <bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl> writes:

>> MA> db 1.85 is said to be slow, and SleepyCat, the BerkeleyDB company,
>> MA> recommend against using it. We already have a slow DB module, TDB, we
>> MA> don't need another. :-)
>>
>> Another reason for me to try libdb3 ;) I need to take a few days off
>> work ;)

MA> Remember you must compile libdb3 (or whichever data base library you are
MA> using) against uClibc as well. The db/tdb/qdbm versions configured and
MA> linked against a stock (g)libc will cause unresolved symbols at link
MA> time.

Yes, I know. I've been trying to do that almost all day today. First I
tried the latest libdb version, 4.2.52 but for some libtool problem it
won't create shared libraries, just static libs. I still don't
understand what the problem is though, libtool 1.4 says I can create
shared libs but it won't, libtool 1.5 (which is included) says I
can't.

So I tried an older version of libdb, 3.3.11. That exits while
creating the libs with an error like 'unable to create .libs' or
something (I forgot). I read somewhere that a newer version of libtool
should fix that problem.... duh! 1.4 says `I won't` and 1.5 says `I
can't` (create shared libs).

So I'm stuck again.... :( :(

Any ideas? Maybe?

--