SPAM with lots of random words and good words

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 19 20:28:19 CET 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:10:45 -0000
pgb at adelard.com wrote:

> On 19 Jan 2004 at 12:01, Andreas Pardeike wrote:
>
> > Now that this had come up so many times (and I think it's just
> > natural to talk on this list about spamish words) it would be
> > a nice idea to have a way to exclude certain mailing lists (at
> > least this one here) from training bogofilter.
> >
> Would the spammy words be ignored if the spam was included as an
> email attachment?
>
> If so, any example spams should be included that way
> rather than as in-line text.

Peter,

Currently bogofilter recognizes the Content-Disposition header lines and
keeps track of whether inline or attachment was specified.  However, the
information is not begin used.

Bogofilter also keeps track of Content-Type and ignores tokens from mime
parts labeled as application, image, and message.