Tagging CC

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 19 14:39:08 CET 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:54:47 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just did a small test with tagging CC.
>
> I only have 1659 ham and 2022 spam messages at hand. So I
> counted the number of those ham scoring above 0.1 (4) and
> spam below 0.8 (8).
>
> Next I added CC tagging. Not a single of these 12 messages
> changed the score. So no advantage, but it also does not
> hurt for me.
>
> I also found the same result when I joined the Received
> tagging line with this longer line:
> <INITIAL>^(To|CC|From|Received|Return-Path|Subject):
> 	{ set_tag(yytext); }
>
> pi

pi,

CC tagging does, indeed, appear to be a small effect.  In some cases it
matters.  For most messages it doesn't matter.

Merging the lexer rules affects the size of the program.  To see how
much difference, build bogofilter (or bogolexer) with the two lexer
versions then use the size command.  The difference will be small.