Compile problem - libdb

Henri van Riel bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 19 08:43:24 CET 2004

MA> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Henri van Riel wrote:

>> tdb seems to be the thing to but I have another `problem`. There is
>> another platform I'd like to see Bogofilter on and that's a uClibc
>> based system. I tried compiling tdb for uClibc and the amount of
>> errors I got make it seem difficult. So I may want to try libdb 3.1 or
>> later also.

MA> Is there something special to uClibc? Or is it just a "libc on diet
MA> because GCC has grown too fat?" If it's the latter, dietlibc (Felix von
MA> Leitner's) might be an alternative.

Maybe you're familiar with the fli4l project. There is a libc5 version
and a uClibc version (under development). I'd like Bogofilter to run
on both. The libc5 version will be abandoned some time next year
though.

More info, for those of you who are interested:

fli4l www.fli4l.de
uclibc www.uclibc.org

Detailed differences between uClibc and Glibc:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/linux-vax/uClibc/docs/Glibc_vs_uClibc_Differences.txt?rev=1.1.1.3

--
Best regards,
 Henri                            mailto:bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl