Compile problem - libdb

Henri van Riel bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 19 00:52:27 CET 2004

Hello David,

Monday, January 19, 2004, 12:34:59 AM, you wrote:

DR> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:29:48 +0100
DR> Henri van Riel <bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> Hi again!
>>
>> > You're making progress.  You compiler is on the old side, but the
>> > problem is more in the header files.  The good news is that the fix
>> > is easy (I think).  Add the following three lines before the last
>> > non-empty line in file src/system.h
>>
>> > #ifndef __attribute__
>> > #define __attribute__(x)
>> > #endif
>>
>> > There may well be additional problems, but this should get you a bit
>> > further.  Assuming there are additional messages, post the first 10
>> > or 15 error messages.  We'll address the problems one (or two) at a
>> > time. David
>>
>> It's made a huge difference! The executables are built though I saw a
>> few warnings flying by ;) Compilation ended with an error though, just
>> one, and here it is:
>>
>> bogogrep.c: In function `main':
>> bogogrep.c:81: `MAP_FAILED' undeclared (first use this function)
>> bogogrep.c:81: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> bogogrep.c:81: for each function it appears in.)
>> make[1]: *** [bogogrep.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>
>> I don't think this is a major problem because the main executable did
>> roll out of the compiler looking in tip-top shape and this is
>> something from the contrib directory. Still, I might need it / want it
>> ;)

DR> It's a very minor problem.  In contrib/bogogrep.c, change "#ifdef
DR> __DGUX__" to "#ifndef MAP_FAILED"

I solved it by removing the #ifndef and #endif all together ;) It did
give me a warning about comparing a pointer to an int on line 80
though but it all works! Great!

>> Thanks for helping me put this together!

DR> You're welcome.

Oh, how do I wish I had a few days to implement this completely... But
it's monday already so it'll be only an hour here or there for the next
week. A well... :)

See you around! Good luck developing Bogofilter, we're going to need
it!

--
Henri.
(nite)