Compile problem - libdb

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 19 00:21:09 CET 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:09:14 +0100
Henri van Riel <bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> DR> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:31:52 -0500
> DR> Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> wrote:

> >> There are so many API differences between the 1.85 and later
> >versions> that making bogofilter support the earlier version would
> >probably> require a datastore_db1.c implementation.
> >>
> >> -Gyepi
>
> DR> Info appreciated.  Henri is trying tdb.  As he's not a programmer,
> DR> that seems the right idea.
>
> :) I've been a programmer for the past 20 years or so. It's just that
> I never came past "Hello World" when it comes to C :) (ok, ok, I'm
> exaggerating).

Ah.  I have my strong languages and my weak ones and understand your
situation.

> tdb seems to be the thing to but I have another `problem`. There is
> another platform I'd like to see Bogofilter on and that's a uClibc
> based system. I tried compiling tdb for uClibc and the amount of
> errors I got make it seem difficult. So I may want to try libdb 3.1 or
> later also.

Header files can be a royal pain.  When they work, they're great :-)

> Thanks for the help so far, I'll try the `patch` suggested and report
> back on my progress later on.
>
> --
> Henri.

David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800