Compile problem - libdb

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Jan 18 14:37:44 CET 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:37:39 +0100
Henri van Riel <bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to Bogofilter and I am trying to compile it on an old Linux
> system. The system I want to compile it on is SuSE Linux 5.3 or at
> least a system that is derived from that. The reason for that is that
> I want to implement Bogofilter on the Fli4L router project
> (www.fli4l.de for more info). It's a libc5 based system.
>
> I'm trying to compile the stable version (0.15.13.2).
>
> My config:
> gcc=2.7.2.1
> libdb=1.85.5
> libc=5.4.13
> kernel=2.2.22

Welcome Henri,

I believe your environment is inadequate.  Bogofilter was initially
developed and tested for db3.  It has since been expanded to work with
db4, tdb, and qdbm.  AFAIK, it won't work with db1.

I believe that you have three choices:  1 - install a newer database; 2
- modify the code so it works with db1; 3 - build static executables on
a system with a usable database.

Choice 1 & 3 are probably the easiest to do.  If you do take on #2, the
file to look at is datastore_db.c.  With luck, that's the only file that
needs changing.

....[snip]...

> I don't now if this is the right list to post this question but can
> anybody help me to solve this problem?

It is!

> I have the complete config.log if you need it, it's a bit big to post
> it here.

You're right.  We discourage posting log files.  Thank you for your
thoughfulness.

> Many thanks!
>
> --
> Henri van Riel