Postfix default mailbox_size_limit is causing Bogofilter database corruption

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jan 14 22:50:42 CET 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Sergii Laskavyi wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
> > What's your file size limit when running postfix?
> > Try postconf -e mailbox_size_limit=73000000
>
> Looks like it solved the problem. David Relson, thank you!
>
> So the default postfix mailbox_size_limit value 51200000 does not allow
> bogofilter to work (confirmed by other Postfix + Bogofilter users).
>
> Dear Wietse Venema, is it possible to change the Postfix default
> and/or describe this problem in Postfix and/or Bogofilter FAQ?

There is no reason to change Postfix file size limits. They are
documented in the Postfix FAQ, printed by postconf and they are
configurable. 50,000 kByte is ample room for various purposes.

The bogofilter data base size is sensitive to configuration, for
instance, my production data base size is below 10,000 kBytes.