Training ham seems difficult

Matej Cepl cepl at surfbest.net
Wed Jan 14 18:03:08 CET 2004

On Wednesday 14 of January 2004 06:04, Andreas Pardeike wrote:
> My experience shows that almost all forged reply-to's are
> non-real so I don't think that's a problem. But you may proof
> me wrong and I do see the danger that an innocent person will
> get into trouble (aren't they anyway if a spammer uses their
> addresses?)

Well, _my experience_ is that I get a lot of junk messages about
me sending non-sensical viruses etc. from silly anti-virus
programs, which indicates to me that there is a lot of virus
messages (I know, they are not the same as spam, but they will
produce a lot of bogus messages in your system any way) with
bogus Reply-Tos to my email. Fortunately, bogofilter is great in
eliminating this cruft, but there is a lot of it anyway.

> the confirmation request is unlikely to be detected as spam and
> since no reply is send out when something is received at the
> confirmation account no such loop will ever happen.

``unlikely'' -- why you think so?

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

understand, v.:
    To reach a point, in your investigation of some subject,
    at which you cease to examine what is really present, and
    operate on the basis of your own internal model instead.