HEADER_LINE_MARKUP

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 9 14:55:23 CET 2004

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:41:08 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> >disable> > header line markup, i.e. don't add a "head:" prefix. The
> >new meaning> > will apply to 0.17 and beyond and applies now when
> >>
> >> Why would we want to allow that -H in bogofilter? It is like
> >> those options which were only for backward compatibility. I
> >> cannot see a reason to keep this in bogofilter.
> >
> > It's useful for testing.  Suppose I just want to score the body of a
> > message.  If I extract the body to a new file and then process it
> > with bogofilter, header line markup interferes.
>
> Really, you can easily do the test and drop all tokens which
>  have a colon. I think this option should go in bogofilter.
>
> >> bogolexer is a different story. There the man page is not
> >> correct. Which options are allowed? All from bogofilter?
> >
> > Use the "-h" option to list the options it supports.
>
> That is incomplete. It does not list -H and possibly more.

'-H' was fixed in cvs earlier this morning.  I've attached updated
bogoconfig.c and bogolexer.c files.

> > Many of the options are the same between bogofilter and bogolexer.
> > Some options apply only to one or the other and a few options are
> > different. For example wordlist options such as '-d' and parameter
> > options ('-o' and '-m') are bogofilter only.  '-p' is used with both
> > programs but has different meanings.
>
> So I will add those options to the bogolexer man page which
> are from bogofilter, if someone can tell me which exactly
> are available.

The new files have the latest flags.  Unfortunately each option appears
in 3 contexts and they aren't always synchronized.  The first is the
help message in function help().  The second is OPTIONS which lists what
getopt() will accept.  The third is the switch statement that processes
the getopt() result.  In bogofilter, the "third" is split between two
functions process_args_1() and process_args_2() since some options must
be processed before reading the config file and some options must be
processed after reading it.

David

P.S.  I haven't had a chance to review bogofilter.17.xml yet and I'll be
out for the rest of the morning...