HEADER_LINE_MARKUP

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 9 14:31:29 CET 2004

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:20:11 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
>
> > The new meaning of '-H' for bogofilter and bogolexer is to disable
> > header line markup, i.e. don't add a "head:" prefix. The new meaning
> > will apply to 0.17 and beyond and applies now when
> > "--enable-deprecated-code" isn't used.
>
> Why would we want to allow that -H in bogofilter? It is like
> those options which were only for backward compatibility. I
> cannot see a reason to keep this in bogofilter.
>
> bogolexer is a different story. There the man page is not
> correct. Which options are allowed? All from bogofilter?
>
> pi

It's useful for testing.  Suppose I just want to score the body of a
message.  If I extract the body to a new file and then process it with
bogofilter, header line markup interferes.

Use the "-h" option to list the options it supports.  We need to deal
with
any differences between that list and the man page.

Many of the options are the same between bogofilter and bogolexer.  Some
options apply only to one or the other and a few options are different.
For example wordlist options such as '-d' and parameter options ('-o'
and '-m') are bogofilter only.  '-p' is used with both programs but has
different meanings.