HEADER_LINE_MARKUP

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Jan 9 13:51:06 CET 2004

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:15:22 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
>
> >> AFAICS we also still have HEADER_LINE_MARKUP, which allows
> >> to turn of header prefix tokens. I think that should also go.
> >
> > The config file option can go.  In the form of the '-H' flag, it's
> > still useful in bogolexer for testing.
>
> I don't no if it is doable, but should -H go in bogofilter?
>
> In any case, any reason I should *not* remove it from the
> man page?
>
> pi

pi,

The old meaning of '-H' for bogofilter was to enable header line
degeneration.  That's the compatibility feature that has bogofilter look
for "head:foobah" first and, if there's no such token, look for "foobah"
(without the prefix).

The new meaning of '-H' for bogofilter and bogolexer is to disable
header line markup, i.e. don't add a "head:" prefix. The new meaning
will apply to 0.17 and beyond and applies now when
"--enable-deprecated-code" isn't used.

I've also found a bit of flag code with incorrect #ifdefs and have
cleaned it up.

So, to answer your question, '-H' needs to be changed (or added) to the
man pages.