make 0.16.0 problems

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Jan 6 07:50:51 CET 2004

I recieved a lot of warnings make'ing 0.16.0 along the lines of
"warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic".  Dozens of them
spread all over.  Also, it still doesn't detect the libdb path correctly
in configure, so I have to pass --with-libdb-prefix.

Make check failed on all 31 counts with "Unknown data base type in
bogofilter -V: /etc/bogofilter.cf:160:  Error - bad parameter in
'strict_check ... no'" and a host of others such as header_line_markup,
ignore_case, tokenize_html_tags, and tokenize_html_script.  I thought
deprecated code was enabled by default?  At least the options in the
config file shouldn't cause an error!  Maybe "make check" could suggest
removing an old /etc/bogofiler.cf before testing?

It also failed with "Unknown data base type in bogofilter -V: bogofilter
version 0.16.0".  Don't know what that is.  However, like the others, it
disappeared when I copied bogofilter.cf.example to /etc/bogofilter.cf.

The install seemed to go fine though, and I'll update if there are any
other problems.

Tom