A trick with perl

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 5 17:12:55 CET 2004

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:58:15 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> Tom Anderson wrote:

...[snip]...

> Seems to be true. I was hoping it would happen on the next
> From_ line. It would really speed things up to keep a
> bogofilter pipe open. This way it is faster to open a normal
> pipe and just use the exit code.
>
> pi

On 12/24 a patch from Henning Makholm was added to 0.15.12 to help with
that situation - letting bogofilter run via pipe instead of
stdin/stdout.  If you're interested, look for function
bogoreader_close_ifeof(), how it is used, and how feof() is used.  I
don't know enough about pipes to evaluate the patch, test it, or debug
it.