-M inconsistency

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 5 14:23:59 CET 2004

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:08:07 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> David Relson wrote:

...[snip]...

'-M' is useful when scoring mailboxes.  That it's not needed when
registering messages from mailbox _is_ an anomaly.  I'm not inclined to
change the behavior.

If enough people want '-M' to be required for registering mailboxes, it
can be done.

> >> So what to do? I don't know how autodetection is done, but
> >> it works, so it should also work for -v and -T (-t, -TT).
> >>
> >> BTW: -t could also go completely.
> >
> > '-t' is eye candy.  It provides a terse mode of output whose format
> > can be controlled.  See "terse_format" in bogofilter.cv.example
>
> I know that. But I think this is one of the options which
> could go without loosing any functionality. If you really
> want controlled output, -v already produces that.

A bad choice of words on my part. "Customized" is more accurate.