the importance of robx

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Sun Feb 29 17:06:22 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 20:21, David Relson wrote:
> Try "bogofilter -v < /dev/null" to see the score of a message with no
> tokens..

[tanderso at www .bogofilter]$ bogofilter -v < /dev/null

It's equal to my robx value... how is that possible?  There are no words
to classify as robx, and robx is within my min_dev interval of 0.2.
Bogofilter doesn't seem to be following its own rules.

> True.  But that's a starting condition, which is not typical.  Once a
> message has been registered, tokens will start to be recognized.

What if you set your min_dev to 0.45?  Quite a few messages would have
no significant tokens.  Theoretically speaking, they should be neutral,
but if every single token scores as robx or otherwise between 0.05 and
0.95, then none of them contribute to the classification.  I'm assuming
from my test above that the message would still score as robx, but how
would bogofilter generate such a classification given no classifiable
tokens?

Tom