the importance of robx

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Sun Feb 29 10:29:15 CET 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

>robx is the score for unknown words.  I've always thought of "unknown"
>as being a temporary, somewhat anomalous, condition.  Once words pass
>through that state and are known, then their spamicity is a combination
>of non-zero spam/ham counts and robx.

That really depends on robs. If that is small, robx won't do
much. Also the overall number of messages comes into play.

I once asked (nobody could answer) how those values should
work with training on error where hapaxes are clearly more
important. And also the number of messages seen is much
smaller.

pi