train on viruses?

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 24 21:14:51 CET 2004

"Chris Fortune" <cfortune at telus.net> wrote:

>What are the pros and cons of training bogofilter with virus emails?
>
>1.  Does it fill up the wordlist with unneccessary tokens?
>2.  Does it prejudice bogofilter against all emails that have executable attachments?
>3.  What about polymorphic viruses?
>4.  How accurate?  How many instances would it need to be accurate?

I do the following: Viruses recognized by a virus scanner
are taken away. Messages with typical attachments are taken
away, then bogofilter comes into play.

What it gets (virus related):
- Virus mails with attachment removed/replaced
- Bounces (not infective) to virus mail
- Lusers' warnings (your machine is infected)
- Viruses which are not recognized and not of typical file
  type (zip)

pi