bogofilter 0.17.2 writing out X-Bogosity header and message separater as LF instead of CRLF

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Feb 24 01:53:15 CET 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:04:31 -0500
Jim Correia wrote:

> Just build 0.17.2 and trying to integrate it into a client side mail
> system that is strict about MIME parsing in the sense that it expects
> CRLF where they ought to be.
>
> It looks like there are two problems in bogofilter 0.17.2 (which seem
> present in the last 0.16 stable build as well.)
>
> 1) The spam header written in write_message in passthrough.c:260 is LF
>
> terminated. Shouldn't it be CRLF terminated like the rest of the
> headers?
>
> 2) In write_body in the same file, it separates the message from the
> headers with LF LF. Again, shouldn't this be CRLF CRLF?
>
> I'm willing to submit a patch, but since the patch should be trivial
> perhaps it is easier to defer to whoever wrote/designed the stuff,
> since they'll likely want to tweak the result anyway.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Good eye!  I'll get it fixed for the next release.  By the way, I think
the fix is environment dependent.  In my postfix/procmail environment I
see LF's, not CRLF's.  Bogofilter will have to check the incoming
message and do the right thing.  Likely, I'll use a "char *" to hold the
proper value.