spam cutoff less than neutral?

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Feb 23 19:18:52 CET 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 02:18 am, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
> David Relson wrote:
> > I'm getting several unsures a day.  Compared to several hundred spam
> > daily, it's not a big deal.
>
> Well, I read my log file listing all caught spam (up to 300
> each day now). I cannot see how I would benefit from unsures
> at all.

Hereabouts we filter unsures off into their own folder for IMAP
users and tag the subject line with **Suspect** for POP users,
so they can be filtered on the users end. This strategy seemingly
improves the quality of the users Inbox and provides a far less
busy seperate folder to check for mis-classifications. At over
100 spams per day my Inbox is _virtualy_ spam free now.

BTW, misc note... I have no excuse as to why it took so long to
get around to doing this but I just engaged the spamcop.net RBL
filtering and our incoming spam, that mr bogo has to deal with,
has dropped by half.

--markc