datastore_db.c compilation error [was: bogofilter-0.17.2 - new current release]

Pavel Kankovsky peak at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Feb 23 00:10:18 CET 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, David Relson wrote:

> Looks like a gcc incompatibility.  What version of gcc are you running?

This is a "C incompatibility". Traditional C (K&R, C89) does not allow
declarations after commands. C++ allows this and I guess C99 allows this
as well (like other C++-isms) but I think there is no convincing reason to
make the code incompatible with pre-C99 compilers.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."