mail digest as disguise

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Feb 21 23:06:38 CET 2004

Greetings,

has a "no subscription needed" policy which allows people to post
without subscribing.  This presents an opportunity for spammers and they
use it!

Today I received the attached spam, which bogofilter thought was ham.
The message is very interesting because it seems to be a legitimate mail
digest from the list and has an added message (#2) which is a via-gra
advertisement.

I'd call this a targeted spam wrapped in a list specific ham wrapper!

Methinks somebody went to a lot of effort (for very little payoff).

David

P.S.  For my 2nd attempt, I _have_ attached hs.0221.1401.txt.gz

--
David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103