bogofilter -u let's spam come through

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Feb 21 14:57:14 CET 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:39:12 -0500
Tom Allison wrote:

> I'll take a stab at it, but my first guess woudl be something like
> this: If David Relson has a permissions of 640, then only one person
> will be able to update the list and everyone in his (assumption) users
> group can read it.  This would work fine if he had a really good
> bogofilter wordlist and didn't want anyone else just updating it
> casually.  For example, he may control all the updates while his
> users/family reap the benefits of his labor.
>
> However, if you are planning on having several users doing both
> updates (-u) and reads from the database then you have to do two
> things: set the permissions to 660.
> make sure all your users are in the same group as the bogofilter
> wordlist so they can act on it.

Tom,

Nope.  The wordlist permissions aren't working as you describe.  Perhaps
it's a postfix or procmail thing we don't know/understand.

All my users can update the wordlist (using "bogofilter -u").  I just
ran a check with messages to 3 of my users and the wordlist counts
included all 3 messages.

Offhand I can't say _why_ the permissions work.  I just know that they
do.

FWIW, wordlist.db has group "relson", but that group does not include
any
other users.  All users are in group "users".