source install :(...

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Thu Feb 19 12:27:44 CET 2004

Well, I tried.
Doesn't like my libdb
SuSE claims I installed version 4.1 of the Berkeley DB
(/usr/lib/libdb-4.1.so)

Error from ./configure:

checking for strlcpy... no
checking for strlcat... no
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking how to link with libdb... -ldb
configure: error:
Remember to include your config.log.

config.log attached.

I'm sure it's simple, but I couldn't find anything that matched.

these options also failed me:
    ./configure --with-libdb-prefix=/usr/lib/libdb-4.1.so
    ./configure --with-libdb-prefix=/usr/lib/