What did I do wrong?

Jef Poskanzer jef at acme.com
Wed Feb 18 22:54:17 CET 2004

>> /usr/local/bin/bogoutil -c1 -a14 -m /home/bogofilter/wordlist.db
>
>My wordlist is 124Meg.  I've never done any "maintenance" on it.   So I
>decided to run the above command, but it is taking too long and I see a lot
>of procmail processes getting backed up.  bogoutil must have the wordlist.db
>file locked down.

You might try copying the wordlist first, bogoutiling the copy, then
moving it back into place.

Or instead of shutting down sendmail completely, just shut down
invocation of bogofilter for the duration.

It does sound like it's taking too long, though.
---
Jef

         Jef Poskanzer  jef at acme.com  http://www.acme.com/jef/